Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life…)

I’m sitting here enjoying a Coca-Cola on my last warm day as a resident of Tezeri. I’ve already come close to tears twice today. I just said goodbye to my didi bebia, Elene. She is probably the hardest working woman I’ve ever met, and the fact that she always buys me underwear, makes me love her even more. Now, that I’m thinking about it, maybe she buys me underwear that she deems more appropriate than my American underwear. Come to think of it, I have yet to see any other style than the granny panty hanging on the lines. I’m getting off topic. I have fallen in love with this village and I’m so sad to leave my host family. Maia is my Georgian equivalent and I hope that we are able to keep in touch and stay friends.

In a little I’m headed to the cemetery for one last hoorah with the cluster. Drinking beer together one last time will be a good farewell. Man it has def been an interesting time, to say the least. From wearing flip-flops and holey jeans to class, having dance parties, being tsudi-gogos for a day, having sing-a-longs in marshutkas, having fights about marshutkas, and all the other good times, I’m going to miss being just up the mountain from everyone. Damn the PC for sending me so far away from all the G10s. lol.

It’s been something undpredictable, but in the end it was right. (SO LAME, I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment